This policy applies to your use of “the Application” and tells you how we use and protect personal information we may collect. By “personal information” we mean information that directly identifies you, such as your name, address, or email address. We are committed to respecting your privacy rights and take that responsibility seriously. Our policy applies only to the Application, and not to any other app or website you might access from the Application, which may collect and use personal information differently from our policy. In this policy, “we” and “our” means MyLuna, and “you” means any person who uses the Application.
When you use this Application, we may collect and store some or all of the following, for the purpose of providing you a mobile MyLuna user experience:
• Device sign-on data (including device ID)
• Location data
• If you don’t have an existing MyLuna account, personal information when you register for an MyLuna account
• An encrypted copy of your MyLuna user ID and password
• Your preferred language and country site
• Your email address and correspondence sent via the Application
• Information about how you interact with the Application and the applicable MyLuna site(s)
We use this information to operate and improve our MyLuna applications, sites, services, and tools.
This Application may utilize social networking or “share functionality” or may contain links to third party sites that are not owned or controlled by MyLuna. MyLuna has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, any shared functionality or the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party site. If you choose to share data about yourself in these third party sites all the data will be public, and you will be subject to the policies of those third parties when and where applicable. By using this Application, you expressly release MyLuna from any and all liability arising from your use of any shared functionality or third-party site accessed from this Application. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to anyone.
We may disclose personal information about you if required to do so by law or if we believe in good-faith that such action is necessary (i) to defend or protect us from harm or in legal proceedings, (ii) to protect and defend our rights, property, and security, and the security of our users, or (iii) to protect our users or the safety of the public. We may also disclose personal information to certain associates who agree to comply with our policy.
You can access and change user settings from the settings menu on your device. Uninstallation methods vary depending on your device. To uninstall this Application, please use the application manager provided with your device or consult your device manual for reference.
We do not track customers over time and do not respond to any mobile operating systems Do Not Track signals that automatically communicate your choice not to have your activities monitored and collected, nor do we promise that we will be able to receive or honor Do Not Track signals.
California law entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Unless you request us to or consent to us doing so, we do not sell any personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you have questions about these practices, please contact us below.
While MyLuna is obviously designed for adult women, we do not direct any of our content at children under 13 years of age, nor do we knowingly request or collect personal information from children without prior verifiable parental consent. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user's account.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. You can access, correct, amend, or delete certain personal information by accessing the settings of your account. If you cannot find the relevant personal information there, or if you would like further information in relation to your rights or would like to exercise any of them, you may contact us at email@example.com and we will assist you. Your rights will vary depending on where you are located but they could include:
• Right of access: a right of access to any personal information we hold about you. You can ask us for a copy of your personal information; confirmation as to whether your personal information is being used by us; details about how and why it is being used; and details of the safeguards which are in place when we transfer your information outside of the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area ("EEA")
• Right to update your information: a right to request an update to any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect.
• Right to delete your information: a right to ask us to delete any personal information which we are holding about you in certain specific circumstances. You can ask us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us as directed above. We will pass your request onto other recipients of your personal information unless that is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You can ask us who the recipients are, using the contact details as directed above.
• Right to restrict use of your information: a right to ask us to restrict the way that we process your personal information in certain specific circumstances. You can ask us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us as directed above. We will pass your request onto other recipients of your personal information unless that is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You can ask us who the recipients are using the contact details as directed above.
• Right to data portability: a right to ask us to provide your personal information to a third-party provider of services. This right only applies where we use your personal information on the basis of your consent or performance of a contract; and where our use of your information is carried out by automated means.
• Right to object: a right to ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information where we process your personal information on the basis of our or another person's legitimate interest.
• Right to stop marketing: a right to ask us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, such as receiving our newsletter or marketing emails. You can exercise this right by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your personal information for this purpose but will retain your personal information for other purposes.
• Account closure: You can make a request to opt-out of all collection by terminating your account with us and ceasing all use of the Services. To delete your account, please email us at email@example.com.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within one month of your request unless we tell you we are entitled to a longer period under applicable law). Please note, however, that certain personal information may be exempt from requests in certain circumstances and we may need to retain personal information as required pursuant to applicable law, for example, if we need to keep using the information to comply with our own legal obligations, to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, to comply with records retention obligations, to resolve disputes or enforce our contractual agreements, or otherwise as required by law.
If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. If necessary, we may need to ask you to provide information to enable us to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
The information this Application collects may be stored locally on your device and may be transmitted to our servers in the United States and in the European Union. The transmission of information over wireless and wired networks is not inherently secure. MyLuna uses many tools to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure however we do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private when using this Application.
• Ensuring that there is an adequacy decision in respect of the country to which the personal information is being transferred, which means that either the UK Government, in the case of transfers out of the UK, or the European Commission in the case of transfers out of the EEA, has concluded that the laws and practices of the destination country provide adequate protection for personal information.
• Where we have in place standard model contractual arrangements with the recipient of personal information which have been approved by the European Commission (or the UK Government for transfers out of the UK). These standard model contractual clauses include certain safeguards to protect personal information.
• The EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Whilst MyLuna continues to comply with, the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks set forth by the U.S Department of Commerce, we do not rely on these frameworks for the purpose of international data transfer compliance.
Further details on the steps we take to protect your personal information are available from us on request by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.